There’s no shame in admitting that you stalk people on Instagram we all do. But you don’t always want anyone who grabs your phone to see who you’ve been stalking. So, here’s the complete guide to hiding who you stalk on Instagram.
Clear search history
The “clear search history” button clears the dropdown of previous searches in your search bar. Note: this doesn’t affect your search recommendations.
To clear your search history,
- Go to your profile on Instagram
- Tap the gear on iPhone or three dotted lines on Android
- Scroll to the bottom, tap the “Clear Search History” button.
This will clear your search history temporarily, meaning that if you search for the same account or hashtag it will reappear in your search history.
The hide button
The hide button is a hidden gem. If you want to hide an account from you recommendations, even if you keep looking at their account, the hide button is your answer.
If you want to make sure a specific search term or person never shows up in your search history
- Tap the search tab and then the search bar
- Tap and hold the search you want to hide
- Tap Hide
See fewer posts like this
If you want to get less recommendations of a certain kind of post
- Tap the post
- Tap the three dot menu for more options
- Select “See fewer posts like this”
Now you’re armed with all the tools you need to keep your Instagram snooping low-key. Enjoy!