Not again, Chipotle

Nooooo

Image: Crawford/AP/REX/Shutterstock

Just when you thought you were safe … norovirus is back at Chipotle.

A Chipotle location in Sterling, Virginia closed after several customers got sick after eating there. The website iwaspoisoned.com tracked illness among the Chipotle customers, who reported vomiting, diarrhea, fevers, and stomach pain.

“We are working with health authorities to understand what the cause may be and to resolve the situation as quickly as possible,” Jim Marsden, Chipotle’s executive director of food safety, said in a statement to Business Insider. “The reported symptoms are consistent with norovirus. Norovirus does not come from our food supply, and it is safe to eat at Chipotle.”

Chipotle has been plagued by food safety concerns since October 2015. Most of Chipotle’s saga was because of E. coli, but there was a norovirus outbreak at a Boston location in December 2015, too.

Chipotle shares plummeted 5 percent after news of the chain’s latest foodborne illness crisis broke, CNBC reported.

Get it together Chipotle!!

Read more: http://mashable.com/2017/07/18/chipotle-norovirus-virginia/

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s